“WHEN YOU PUT A FACE TO YOUR DREAM, YOU CAN SEE WHAT COLOURS YOUR WORLD"
If you observe your life right now, can you confidently affirm whether you are living your LIFES DREAM?
The reality is, although most people are in God’s perfect will, they find themselves in a place where they have become so overwhelmed by the pressure of working a full time job, taking care of a family and the daily “STUFF” (health issues, family tragedy) etc, which happens, that they have forgotten how to DREAM!
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO KEEP YOUR DREAM ALIVE
You were created to Dream. It is what gets you out of bed every morning, and gives you a “Purpose” in life.
Kevin Costner said, “I’m a big fan of dreams. Unfortunately dreams are our first casualty in life ..... people seem to give them up, quicker than anything, for a reality”.
Potential Dream Killers
1. Fear of Failure – what if I’m unsuccessful/ and fail
2. Negative Criticism – You won’t accomplish much
3. Commitment Overload – family and work obligations
4. Mediocrity – I am satisfied with where I am right now, why change and Risk everything....
5. Opposition – dislike, disregard and disapproval
Isn’t it amazing, when you consider that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for?
A Personal Story...
It was during my Senior High School term that my DREAM first began. At the top of my DREAM list were two objectives that I became intent on achieving. Firstly, I dreamed of owning my very own home, and second, I desired to have my own business.
At this stage of life I was ignorant of the importance of a family and my relationship with God.
"Although I grew up in a Christian home, I didn’t realise the importance of putting God first in all my decisions, and experience has also thaught me that life can hand you out some difficult and unsuspecting challenges. It was only after I completed my HSC that I began to discover the importance of trusting God more and it was at this stage of my life that I began to allow him to navigate the endless choices of my life’s decisions.
EVERYTHING IS CHANGING.....
If you consider, everything around you is evolving, the weather, our economy, job opportunities, the cost of living, your MORTGAGE REPAYMENTS.....
There is little doubt that Change is inevitable, however change always stirs up fear of the unknown.
The Bible states, “there is a time and season for everything under heaven” (Ec 3:1).....
Personal lessons learnt,
1. In order to make anything a reality, you have to dream about it first – (Adora Svitak). I had to recognise what my dream was i.e. what are the things I most desire to accomplish? Keep in mind a man or woman who has NO vision for the future will always go back to their Past.
2. Passion without action is a Dream on ICE. It is going nowhere. At first, I had lots of Passion to achieve my dreams, but little discipline to pursue it and make it a reality. You will never achieve what you are not willing to action.
3. Focus on your strengths, but acknowledge your weaknesses. Your dream has to be realistic and achievable. Its like wanting to become a Pilot, when you have not even considered taking aviation lessons. Keep your Dreams closely in line with your Talents and gifts. It will serve you well.
MY LIFE NOW: I have a life of great favour and blessing, not only do I have the house and business I dreamt off; I even have a great family who are AN ABSOLUTE ASSET to my life. They constantly inspire and encourage me. Their Love and Support is unparalleled!
AS I HAVE MATURED OVERTIME, I KNOW REALISE THAT THE HEARTBEAT WHICH GIVES A PULSE TO MY DREAM IS NOT THE THINGS I POSSES, BUT THE "DREAM GIVER" CHRIST. HE HAS CHOSEN ME TO BE AN AMBASSADOR OF GOD’S DREAM FOR HUMANITY..."THE WORLD CAN BE SAVED”.
IT IS WORTH KEEPING YOUR DREAM ALIVE....
IT IS WORTH KEEPING YOUR DREAM ALIVE....
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jer 29:11) ©